1. Went to the grocery store right when it opened so we could stock up before Super Typhoon Muifa hits later this week and to beat the crowd.
2. Packed a lunch and headed out to White Beach Navy Base. First we toured a Japanese Navy ship. The kids thought it was so cool! They got to touch everything and even shoot the big gun. The Japanese sailors just loved the kids, even carried Parker and Emma down some of the steep stairs.
3. Headed to White Beach for a picnic. We had the whole beach to ourselves. After we ate we used our new water shoes. We found lots of cool sea creatures but the crabs were the best!
4. Hopped in the car and headed out to Ikei Island. We went to Ikei Beach for a few hours. It is by far my favorite beach so far!!
5. Came home, took showers, ate dinner and checked the weather- the typhoon should hit Thursday into Friday, currently winds are expected to be 100mph-140mph, sustained.
Sunday, July 31, 2011
Our Wonderful Sunday
Posted by Shannon at 3:16 AM 1 comment:
Ikei Beach on Ikei Island
After our picnic and creature hunt, we hopped into the car and headed out to Ikei Island, one of the few islands you can drive to. The beach was awesome. The water was the clearest we have seen yet. It was beautiful!
Picnic and Sea Creature Hunting
The kids finally have water shoes so it was time to use them. After exploring the ships we went to the beach for a picnic. It was low-tide, so a perfect time to find some cool little guys. There were all different types of crabs everywhere!
Saturday, July 30, 2011
Super Typhoon Muifa is Coming our Way
This typhoon is headed straight for us this time and is forecasted to hit us directly Thursday-Friday. Right now it is a Category 5 but should be a 4 when it gets here. They say winds will be sustained 100mph-135mph. Should be a very crazy week! Going to the store this morning as soon as they open to stock up!
Kadena AFB Weather
Kadena AFB Weather
Posted by Shannon at 3:47 PM No comments:
Tuesday, July 26, 2011
This morning after breakfast the kids and I headed out to Katsuren Castle. It was only about a 20 minute drive from our house. It was hot but the thunderclouds of the past 2 days finally were gone. It was a steep climb up the hill to the castle. Along the way were several large snails, about the size of Emma's foot. It was a beautiful view at the top with the ocean on both sides of the castle. We will definitely have to go back and watch the sunset from up there one evening!
Posted by Shannon at 10:11 PM 2 comments:
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)