It has been awhile since I have posted a Friday Flashback. Now that I have restored all the pictures I was able to recover, it is time to start this up again. My last post was back in May with everyone's 7 month old pictures. Here are their 8 month pictures full of big smiles!
Another earthquake early this morning at 3:26am. This time is was a 5.0, a little stronger than last time and lasted a little longer also. Of course Josh and I woke up. The kids slept right through it.
The boys headed off to school and Josh headed off to work. Parker, Emma and I headed to the beach. When we got there we had the beach to ourselves. It was wonderful! They played and played. Only in Okinawa can you spend a "Fall" morning swimming in the ocean and sweating under the hot sun.
* He has already made his Christmas list, about 4 pages long now. Everything on his list is Legos. Carson can play with his Legos all day long and never get tired of them.
* His top front tooth is very loose and should come out this week. His new smile is going to be so goofy! He is more interested in knowing how much $ the tooth fairy leaves for a big front tooth.
* He is finally feeling better about school. He has been working really hard on his spelling words. His reading ability has greatly improved.
* He loves going to PE at school. He has to run 2 miles by the end of the year. He thinks this is so cool and wants to train with Daddy.
* His bottom front tooth is still hanging on by a thread. He hates seeing blood so he doesn't want help pulling it out. He is very excited to loose his first tooth!
* He is doing well in school. He has a lot more homework this year. This is his first week having spelling words and a spelling test on Friday.
* He has also been working on his Christmas list. Also, everything on his list is Legos as well. Cooper also only plays with Legos. He loves to build a set, take it apart, and build it again.
* He is the best bug killer.
* She loves to color all the time. As soon as she wakes up she gets the coloring books and crayons out.
* She loves to pretend to cook. She will watch cooking shows on youtube then copy them. She always is asking for customers.
* She still loves playing with her Barbies. If she isn't playing with a Barbie, there is one sitting next to her watching her color.
* She loves weekdays when the boys are at school. She gets to be the boss of Parker and do what she wants.
* He is making very good progress with potty training! We are about half way there. I'm very proud of him. This week he has really finally gotten the concept.
* He is in love with his Batman and friends guys. He plays with his Batcave and Green Lantern hideout all day. He is always begging someone to play guys with him.
* He is really talking so much better. He will say the funniest things. However, he does like to say mean things.
* He still sleeps with his blue blankie every night and only with that blankie.
* He came home last week and had a few days off! Too bad he had a terrible cold but he is feeling much better now.
* He is training for the Naha Marathon in December. It is so hot and humid here so it is making training a lot more difficult.
* He joined his squadron's soccer team. They have their first practice tonight. He is very excited to start playing soccer again.
* I'm feeling old. I'm really not looking forward to turning 30.
* This week I'm determined to cook more and do some baking. I'm trying to narrow down my choices for which cake to make on my birthday. I would love to make a lemon cake, but I don't think the kids would like that.
* I'm hoping to get some scrapbooking done this week. I would be really excited if my new scrapbook supplies arrived this week. I have been waiting for 5+ weeks for my order to get here.
Happy Birthday to the greatest Dad in the world. You are such an amazing Dad but an even more amazing Grandpa. You have changed hundreds of diapers and made hundreds of bottles. You have taught the kids so many fun and interesting things. The kids just love to hang out with you and laugh. Thank you for always being there for me and supporting me. We love you so much!!!
We were all happy to finally have a Saturday all together. Today was cloudy and a little windy. It was the perfect day to get out of the house and go exploring. We packed a picnic and headed out to White Beach. The weather was perfect. Warm but not hot, so nice. The kids had so much fun looking for crabs and seashells. We found crabs in all different sizes. The kids and I also learned that Joshua is terrified of crabs, I mean really terrified. It made for some big laughs. We all had such a wonderful day at the beach.
Today the kids had early release and Josh had the day off. After lunch we headed to the Okinawa Zoo. The kids were excited to show Josh the zoo. It wasn't as hot as our first visit so we stayed a little longer.